What are Foodie Explorers?
Foodie Explorers is a Scotland-based travel and food blog that promotes Gaslow’s culinary scene. They offer honest recommendations for the best local cuisines, fine dining establishments, and traditional foods that contribute to Glasgow’s culinary culture. Their aim is to give readers all of the information they need about Glasgow’s culinary scene for both travelers and local residents of Gaslow, Scotland – providing them with all of the essential knowledge. Foodie Explorers Food Blog Travel Blog Glasgow Foodie has everything you need to lead an enjoyable and healthy lifestyle!
Emma And Mark: The Creator Of Foodie Explorers
Emma and Mark are a beautiful couple, passionate foodies, and world travelers. Since 2007, they’ve been blogging together under the name Food and Drink Glasgow – initially covering places in their hometown of Glasgow; however, as followers grew and coverage spread beyond Glasgow itself, it rebranded into Foodie Explorers with Gaslow GlasgowFoodie.co.uk remaining dedicated solely to this venture.
Foodie Explorers offer a comprehensive travel guide, covering not only food reviews but also accommodation reviews, dining experiences, and attractions. Plus they keep readers up to date with behind-the-scenes stories as they happen.
Accomplishments of Foodie Explorers
- Foodie Explorers have earned a place among Foodie’s Top 100 food blogs. In 2018 they received recognition for their dedication to blogging at both Drink Awards and The Scotsman Food, with writing featured in publications such as The List, Groupon, and Metro.
- Working as Food and Travel Editors for SNACK (print or digital magazines), they were honored to judge at various culinary events throughout Scotland such as Scottish Entertainment Awards, Q Guild Butchers, Scottish Bakers, Scottish Italian Awards, Prestige Hotel Awards, and Scottish Hotel Awards.
- Awarded WSET Level 2 in Wine Additionally became a member of The Guild of Food Writers.
- They produce original recipes for their blog readers, brands, and advertising campaigns.
- You can also find them on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
Benefits of Foodie Explorers Travel Blog
- Discover Gaslow’s food culture and tradition, including its top eateries, local street food joints, fine dining restaurants, and more.
- Keep readers updated with behind-the-scenes stories and personal experiences.
- Recommendations and Guide to Glasgow’s Top Eating Spots
- Keep up to date on events happening in the city with Honest Reviews on Restaurants, Cafes, and Bars.
- Our personal opinions on vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free meals provide insight.
- A basic and straightforward guide to pairing food and wine.
- Insider knowledge about local or street food in a city.
- A comprehensive guide for planning an unforgettable food tour, including budget planning, affordable hotels, must-stop spots, and travel gear – the works!
- Foodies will want to go beyond restaurants for this ultimate guide.
The Ultimate Foodie Tour: A Guide to Glasgow’s Must-Try Dishes
Haggis is a beloved dish from Scotland that’s easy to prepare – made up of Sheep’s lungs, livers, and hearts mixed with oatmeal, herbs, and spices. Both local residents and travelers should try this iconic dish for an authentic Scottish experience – featuring meat, onions, salt, and different spices.
Scottish seafood dishes like lobsters, mussels, and oysters are some of the most beloved dishes to diners. Scottish cuisine is widely considered to be among the finest in the world and definitely worth trying.
Porridge has long been a staple of Scottish breakfasts. A delicious way to start the day, this hearty dish provides fuel for many throughout Scotland with its warm and satisfying ingredients.
Finnan haddie is a dish made with cold-smoked flavorful haddock that Scottish people cook over high heat to enhance its flavor and make it even tastier. Many people rave about this dish and consider it a must-try for those who appreciate smoked fish.
A scone is created by cutting the bread into various shapes like diamonds, squares, or triangles before baking them in the oven. They may be either savory or sweet – perfect for afternoon tea or breakfast!
Fish N Chips
As its name suggests, fish is baked with chips on one side before being served to guests as an appetizer.
Cranachan is a traditional dish in Scotland that’s deep-fried. You can find this delectable treat across Scotland in shops, bars, shacks, and restaurants alike.
This delectable dessert features seasonal raspberries and fresh cream served with oats. Known as ‘the undisputed king of Scottish desserts’, this delectable treat truly lives up to its name!
Foodie Explorers Food Blog Travel Blog Glasgow Foodie is an incredible destination for foodies from around the world, boasting amazing dining options to satisfy any palate. From traditional Scottish recipes to modern fusion dishes, Glasgow has it all. There are plenty of cafes, bars, street food vendors, and restaurants throughout this vibrant city that is fast becoming a mecca for gourmet travelers. Enjoy an unparalleled dining experience that is sure to please food connoisseurs of any level – no matter if you’re from here or just passing through. Take time out of your schedule to check out Glasgow’s culinary scene and be enchanted by its culinary culture!